What is a P2P Networking?
Many are having a hard time understanding what a peer to peer networking is. For a better understanding of what it, it is a type of computer networking where in one computer is capable of doing the same thing with the other. The networks at which they are connected make it possible for them to share equal responsibility. In simple terms, peer to peer networking is possible when at least two PCs are being connected and shares at least one connection. It is made easier because a single file gets many users who can access it and that make it more convenient. Whether it is wired or a wireless home network, it can be configured for a peer to peer network. The major requirement is that you have a working internet connection and P2P software as well. When it comes to the software there are plenty of them to choose from which ranges from the largest to the smallest or the new player for it.
Definition of a P2P Network
For a clearer definition of this network, it is more on connecting various computers which are usually located near each other. This type of computer network is usually employed on small offices where PCs are situated near. For example in homes, they can make use of a router that provides the internet connection for all. However, when it comes to sharing say in terms of the printer; it will be manipulated on the computers involved in the networking. With P2P networking, sharing has never been a problem because you can just have it easily with little steps done and then you are all fine with it.
What are The Advantages of P2 P File Sharing?
- Distributes files through peer to peer – It allows other users who do not personally own the file have access to it. These files can be a book, music, games or even movies as long as the other computer who stores this file is also utilizing a P2P network. This makes it easier for people to share any content that they have to other people through the utilization of the Internet. The internet plays a big role towards this interconnection of computers. For without the internet, the nodes of these networks will not be located.
- Transfer of files made easier – Through this, users now have the capability of transferring files from one computer to the other. This is made possible through the file sharing systems that function on linking these computers under P2P. This linking is what makes people easily locate files whenever they search for it.
- Better performance – This type of network is deemed to be performing a lot better compared to its contemporary who uses client-server networks. In here, the more users that it has the faster the performance will be. It is encouraged here that many will participate. Unlike in the usual thinking of people where they thought that when many are connected to it, it tends to slow down. It may be like that for some but not in peer to peer network, the number can increase its performance.
- Minimize the cost – If you want to cut the cost, then peer to peer can be best for you. Whether for an office or for a home, it can easily function well. You will no longer have a problem about buying storage since it does not require much of it. Also, with this you are minimizing overhead costs because the provider can act both as the user and the administrator. It is fairly reliable especially when you are minimizing your expenses.
- Does not easily fail – Whenever one node fails to function, the entirety of the operation is not affected. Each node can still continue to function when the other fails. Compared to the existing server-based network, when the server gets affected it has the tendency to shut down everything. So, you are left with no choice.
- Ease for working – For businesses, this is a lot of help especially when one staff is not present on a certain day. It can still be possible that he can update files and share it. Thus, no work has been sacrificed and the operation continues in the business. It can also be customized to match the preferences of owners. For example, they can choose to select which sites can only be accessed. They have the discretion to block it if they want to.
But when you are using this type of network, be responsible for the files that you made available to others. Make sure that you are aware of the risk that it can bring to you especially when you are sharing copyrighted material. Limit your risk by knowing beforehand what you can do to address it. Although, it does not happen all the time but you can at least be mindful of this risk for you to make it safer. Thus, you should consider visiting legitimate sites only.
What Does it Mean With P2P Lending Sites and its Benefits?
You will no longer go to banks to borrow money. You can just have it through peer to peer loan which is highly employed by an individual rather than a company. It goes easily because you will no longer go through many steps.
- Lower rates – Compared to when you will borrow money from a financial institution, this is more advantageous because you get lesser interest rates which means you will not be paying high for it.
- Helpful for people who have bad credit history – When being declined to apply for a loan on banks due to not having a good credit background, then these lending sites can be advantageous to you. You can still borrow an amount even if you do not have a good record but certain measures are observed to make sure that you still pay for it.