Are you interested in using wireless printers? Then you surely need to know how to connect laptop to wireless printer. Using the best wireless printer is not new for most people out there as this could be more convenient compared to the normal kind of printers that we are using. This enables the user to print the different documents and files they need without any problems but before anything else, you have to make sure that you will totally know how to connect laptop to wireless printer as this could help you to have better experience you need from it.
In this guide, you are going to know the different steps you need to follow for your goals. Check those steps below.
Best Wireless Printers 2013
Best Wireless Printers 2014
How to Connect a Printer to a Wireless Network
How to Hook up Wireless Printer
A Guide on How to Connect to a Wireless Printer
How to Make My Printer Wireless
Setting Up the Wireless Printers
Let us start in setting up your wireless printer as this could be one of the most challenging parts on the users. Follow the steps below to have better idea on this.
- Make sure that the printer you are using comes with wireless routers or adapters
- Turn on the wireless router that you have and the printer as well.
- Start configuring the printer and connect it to the wireless router that you have provided.
- Enable your DHCP in the printer and you will see that it could get the IP address needed without any problems.
- Next, you should now configure your DHCP server on the router. This could also help in getting the IP address you need.
- Try and check the connection. It would be ideal for you to try printing some documents and test if it is working. If not, you may consider trying to connect it once again to know the possible problem.
Connecting to the Laptop Network
On the other hand, there are also some steps you need to follow when you are connecting your laptop with the network you have. Those are the following below:
- Assign the system of your printer to the wireless network.
- Go to the start menu of your computer and click the devices and printers.
- There should be another folder or window that would be opened, click the “add a printer”
- You can see “add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”. Click on it.
- Check the name of the wireless printer that you are using from the list that would be provided to you. Then, click the next button.
- You will be asked if you are going to allow your laptop in connecting to the wireless printer, click the yes button.
- That would now do the work and you can test printing a page or document to make sure about the connection.
If any of those methods provided for you above did not work, there is a chance that there is something wrong in your laptop or in the printer itself. You can make researches in the internet for different troubleshooting you can do or you can ask for the assistance of a technician who probably knows more about it.